Release Notes: CodeRunner 3.0
Posted on Sep 25, 2018 | CodeRunner-3.0.zip
CodeRunner 3 is finally here and is packed with new features and improvements, including:
- Dark mode. Support for dark mode in macOS Mojave, in addition to a complete UI overhaul.
- Documentation sidebar. The all-new documentation sidebar lets you browse the online docs for your programming language without ever leaving the app. Look up functions, methods, classes, and other symbols instantly by tapping with three fingers on a symbol name, or use the autolookup feature. You can even add your own documentation lookup sources.
- Editor improvements. The editor has been enhanced with lots of new features. It now supports more than 230 syntax highlighting modes, all updated to the latest language specifications. New editor features include display of invisible characters, scrolling past the end of the document, current line highlight, page guide, customizable line spacing, code completion improvements, and improved multiple selection support.
- Rearrangeable tabs. Rearranging tabs using drag-and-drop, and dragging tabs between windows, is now fully supported. It is now also possible to hide the tab bar.
- Custom syntax colors. Customizing syntax colors is now easier with the new scope viewer in the editor. Select a word or symbol you would like to edit the color of and press ^⌘P to view and edit local color scopes.
- Haskell, Kotlin, and TypeScript language run configurations are now included.
- Run commands can now be customized on a per-file basis in the run settings dialog.
- IDE-level code completion for Go.
- Quickly navigate back and forward between recently selected tabs using ^⌘← and ^⌘→
- Custom syntax modes can now be conveniently chosen directly from the language popup in the toolbar. Also, quickly select language configurations using ⌥⌘L.
- Fixed a number of issues preventing debugging from working correctly in some situations.
- And hundreds of fixes and improvements that you will encounter throughout the app.